As a non-profit in service of San Antonio’s youth and families, the health and safety of our patrons is Magik’s highest priority. Magik has been monitoring the situation regarding COVID-19 closely and are taking steps to prevent the spread of this virus into our community.
How to Prevent the Spread of Respiratory Viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay at home if you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Based on the recommendation of the CDC, local government officials have advised organizations to limit all ongoing activities up to 50% of capacity.
Safety protocol information:
Our safety protocols for our in-person camps will include the following and all must follow these guidelines. All parents/child(ren) who register are agreeing to these terms.
- We will have a parental agreement that covers the following
- All campers will be required to wear a properly fitted (covering mouth and nose) at all times. We prefer that they use a different mask than what they wore to school that day. If a camper arrives without a mask or their mask does not fit them properly, we will not permit parents to check them in.
- All campers will be required to wear appropriate clothing for the weather. We will only move indoors if there are storms or precipitation. Closed toed shoes are also required.
- If campers are exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19, we ask that parents do not bring them to class. If any participants are showing symptoms, we will separate them from the others and call parents to pick them up.
- If we learn that a camper has become ill, we will conduct contract tracing and notify the parents of the campers involved. If we do not feel that it is safe to return to class in person, we will adapt the class for virtual sessions via Zoom.
- We will not allow any food to be consumed during class time. Campers should be sent with their own bottle of water or other closeable beverage that they can drink from throughout the session.
- Check in can happen up to ten minutes before class starts. Parents will drop their children off directly outside of the theatre entrance (either in cars or as pedestrians) and will be greeted by the camp manager. The camp manager will take each participant’s temperature for fever screening. Parents should not leave until their child is cleared for participation.
- Once checked in, they will be directed to the picnic tables right next to the check in area to join their instructor and other classmates. The instructor will sanitize each camper’s hands before they can join the group.
- Once everyone is checked in, class will begin and may take place in any location throughout Hemisfair Park. Campers will not participate in any activities that involve physical or close contact.
- After class is over, instructors will bring their campers back to the picnic tables for their parents to pick them up and sign them out (drive up or as pedestrians).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or call (210) 227-2751, ext. 301.