Have you already registered your child for a camp or class? Still considering it? See our Registration Policies and Class Procedures to address any questions you may have.
If your questions are not addressed here, please contact our Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (210) 227-2751 x300.
Magik Theatre is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and equitable access to all educational programming for campers of all abilities. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Magik Theatre does not guarantee that camps cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e., weather, power outage) will be made up; no refunds will be issued. We do not offer make-up days due to a child’s inability to attend. In rare instances, camps may be canceled 2-weeks prior to the start of camp due to low enrollment. A full refund will be issued in these cases. We ask that you please communicate any planned absences to the Camp Manager on the first day of camp. This will help us to create a productive camp rehearsal schedule.
We do not offer make-up days and no refunds will be issued due to a child’s inability to attend, because of illness, or other circumstances.
Any cancellations must be communicated by email before May 1, 2023. The tuition will be refunded less a $100 administrative fee. From May 1st – May 28th, only 50% of the tuition will be refunded. There are no refunds after May 29th. If you are registered for a camp and need to change sessions, there will be a $50 administrative fee once the change is approved. If your camp session is canceled due to low enrollment, you will be refunded your tuition payment.
We will not offer refunds based on our mask, vaccination, or COVID-19 health and safety policies.
Please note that if a scheduled class, camp, workshop, or enrollment is canceled for any reason, Magik Theatre will not issue an automatic refund. You will be contacted by our Education Department if this happens. If you have any questions or concerns about the cancellation policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Magik Theatre Summer Camp sessions are held daily from 9 am to 4 pm. We ask that campers be dropped off no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of camp and picked up no later than 4 pm. Campers are not allowed to walk home from camp without written consent from a guardian. A detailed arrival and dismissal procedure will be communicated to all parents and guardians prior to the start of camp.
Camp instructors and assistants will only check out campers to approved parents/guardians. Please be prepared to show your I.D. We thank you in advance for helping us protect your child.
Late Pick Up
Parents/guardians will be assessed a $10 charge if a child is picked up more than 15 minutes after class/camp ends, and an additional $1 per minute after that. Please ensure that your child is picked up on time.
- Guardians will fill out Emergency Forms online. It includes these sections: Emergency Notification, Student Release/Pick-up Contacts, Medications, Special Needs, and Photo Release.
- A staff member will call the emergency contact if a student becomes ill or has an accident.
- We provide ice packs and band-aids and use appropriate first-aid practices.
- Campers should keep emergency medication such as epi-pens, insulin, glucagon, or inhalers in their backpacks. Information on where these medications are and how to administer them must be shared with the Camp Manager.
- If a child requires any medication, over-the-counter or prescription, it must be administered by a guardian.
- If staff deem that the child needs emergency attention, we will call 911 first and emergency contacts will be notified. Children will be transported via ambulance to the nearest hospital.
Early Care is available daily from 8 am to 9 am for $100 per camp session. After Care is available daily from 4 pm to 5 pm for $100 per camp session. If you would like to purchase both Early and After Care, the cost is $175 per session. You may purchase Early Care or After Care, at a rate of $50 per day if you do not need extra care for the entire session. Early and After care is supervised, unstructured time for campers and may be purchased during the online registration process or prior to the start of the camp.
Magik wants all students to have a fun and safe experience. To that end, Magik staff will use its discretion to discuss behavioral issues privately with students and parents. Should the need arise, the Camp Manager will meet with parents to decide if the student’s continued enrollment is in the best interest of the entire class. Please know that student behavior does not entitle you to a refund.
Magik Theatre supports equity and diversity. We welcome all children and expect all children to enjoy each others’ differences.
- Magik Theatre does not tolerate bullying. Any bullying, physical or verbal, will be dealt with in the strongest terms, up to and including immediate and permanent removal from camp.
- All students should be prepared to eat lunch with minimal aid from staff. All students must be prepared to use the bathroom independently, including follow-up hygiene practices. Magik Theatre’s facilities include multi-stall toilets for girls, and stall toilets and urinals for boys.
Magik Theatre Camps and classes take place at Magik Theatre located in Hemisfair Park.
Masks are recommended for staff and campers, but not required.
Magik Theatre is a fully vaccinated company, and all teachers and staff are required to show proof of vaccination.
COVID-19 vaccinations are recommended for campers, but not required.
If you would like information about COVID-19 vaccinations for children 5 years of age and older, we recommend you visit https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/planning/children/6-things-to-know.html
By participating in Magik Theatre Summer Camps you voluntarily assume all risks related to COVID-19 exposure. We reserve the right to change our policies and to require masks, for any reason, based on the recommendations of the CDC or San Antonio Public Health.
What we will do
- We will notify all parents and guardians if there is a positive COVID-19 case among campers or staff. We will also inform parents if the positive case is among your child’s group.
- We will not disclose the name of the positive camper.
- If there is a confirmed positive case within your child’s group, we will require all students and teachers to wear a mask through the end of the camp period.
- We will regularly clean and sanitize spaces and surfaces.
- As much as possible, campers will stay with their groups (approximately 15 students) and maintain distance.
- We will maintain a supply of adult and child-sized masks, available to campers and staff at any time. We will also stock hand sanitizer in every classroom.
What we ask you to do
- If your camper shows symptoms of illness, you will be asked to come to pick your camper up from camp. They are welcome to return to camp after symptoms have resolved and after they test negative. Magik Theatre will not administer tests to your camper.
- Please do not send your child to camp if they are experiencing any signs of illness or COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you have been notified that your camper has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you send them to camp with a mask.
The Education Staff will note any medical conditions, allergies, or special needs (languages spoken, recent injuries we should know of, behavioral issues and strategies (ADD, ADHD, etc.), or separation anxiety, listed in the medical section of your Emergency Form.
These notes will be shared privately with all teachers. Our camps and classes are an inclusive experience. Open communication with families helps us create a successful environment for every camper.
If your child needs to take medication during their camp session, or to discuss your child’s needs, please call the Camp Manager at email@example.com.
- Hemisfair Park is a very safe location, with plenty of park police readily available to assist should the need arise. But, we understand that leaving your child in any place can be stressful. Rest assured we’ve taken the following steps to ensure your child’s safety:
- All Magik staff have passed national FBI background checks.
- All doors to the theatre and classrooms are locked from the inside.
- Additional Magik staff are on campus to assist should the need arise.
- Magik staff members wait with students inside the Box Office if they need to be picked up during camp hours.
- We work to ensure your child’s privacy. For this reason, we do not allow guardians to stay in classrooms. This helps us provide a safe creative environment where students are autonomous, accountable for their own creative experience, and not distracted.
- Should the downtown corridor become difficult to access due to celebrations in the park, construction, or anything of the sort, Magik staff will gladly stay with your child until they are safely in your car.
Magik Theatre is no longer able to offer payment plans for summer camps. Limited scholarships for camps are awarded on a case-by-case basis based on the availability of funds. Applications are open now for Summer Camps 2023.
We strongly suggest that nothing of value be brought to camp. Cell phones, tablets, and other electronic devices are only allowed to be used during break and lunch times. Magik Theatre assumes no responsibility for any lost or damaged personal items.
Magik Theatre reserves the right to use photos and videos taken during camps and performances for promotional (via print or the web) and archival purposes only. In an effort to keep our campers safe and to maintain focus, the taking of photographs, videotaping, and the use of recording devices is not permitted during camp performances.
Limited scholarships for camps are awarded on a case-by-case basis based on the availability of funds. Applications are open now for 2023 Summer Camps.
We plan to move a LOT during camp. Please have campers dress comfortably in clothes they can be active in, including laced/velcro shoes with a closed toe. Campers will be required to wear their camp t-shirts every day of camp. This helps us better identify our campers and keep kids safe. Each registration comes with one complimentary t-shirt. Additional shirts will be available for $10.
Dresses are not recommended.
Campers will need to bring their own peanut-free lunch and snacks. Please send food that does not need to be refrigerated or microwaved. Additionally, we encourage all students to bring their own water bottles with their names on them so that they can stay hydrated all day long!
Campers may bring phones in order to contact their parents after class. However, they will not be allowed to use their phones during class or lunch.
Please leave all toys, jewelry, or any additional personal items of value that your child would not want to be lost or broken at home. Magik Theatre is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
In order to provide campers with a safe and supportive environment, Magik Theatre maintains a strict “Zero Tolerance” policy in regard to physical or verbal abuse, theft, vandalism, and the use of any and all illegal substances. Any student found in violation of this policy will be asked to leave the camp and no refunds will be issued.