Our mission is to create MAGIK. Through the power of theatre, we create Magikal storytelling for children, that Activates imaginations, Grows young minds, and Inspires creativity and a love of learning that is the Key to a more literate future for our community.
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
Ruben Tenorio D.O.
Peggy W Brown
Clarence “Reggie” Williams
The purpose of the Advisory Board of Magik Theatre is to serve as a critical community champion in revitalizing and reimagining the role Magik Theatre plays in creating a more compassionate, literate, and creative city.
About the Opportunity
Members of the Advisory Board share their passion and gifts in service to Magik Theatre’s mission by providing their professional expertise; their diverse knowledge of constituent perspectives; their connections to local, regional or national resources, colleagues, or peers; their philanthropic support or other forms of needed assistance.
Magik Theatre is a 501 c3 nonprofit organization and the Advisory Board service is a volunteer position.
- No set minimum or maximum members
- Elected by the board of directors
- Serve one-year term
- Open invitation to attend board meetings, but in a nonvoting capacity
- Comply with all board policies in effect
Advisory Board Member Responsibilities
- Act annually in some significant way to support the organization’s mission (e.g. expert advice, door opening, funding, or fundraising)
- Allow the organization to publicize its name and participation on the Advisory Board
- List name on letterhead and other communications as requested
- Keep informed about the plans, activities, and needs of Magik Theare
- When possible, attend theatre productions or other special events
- Promote Magik Theatre in the community and be an advocate for the performing arts
2.5 An Advisory Board may be created whose members shall be elected by the members of the Board of Directors annually but who shall have no legal or fiduciary duties, voting privileges, or obligations for attendance at regular meetings of the Board of Directors. Advisory Board members may attend regular meetings of the Board of Directors. Members of the Advisory Board shall possess the desire to serve the community and support the work of the Corporation by providing expertise and professional knowledge. Members of the Advisory Board shall comply with all of the board policies in effect.
How to Apply
We invite candidates to submit an application, including a written statement about what excites you about serving on the Advisory Board, and how you would play a role in Magik Theatre’s mission and artistic vision.
Candidates may be contacted by our Board Governance & Development Committee for follow-up interviews. We will not be able to offer membership to all candidates due to the volume of applications. If we are unable to offer you membership, we hope to find other ways to get you involved with our organization. A slate of excellent candidates will be brought for a vote of the full Board by September 2021.
Feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Kristy Bradfield Petlin
Molly McAdams Phd
Kristian G. Salinas