We’re looking forward to seeing you and your students at The Magik Theatre! Please take a moment to review these helpful hints about our reservation policies and ways to ensure the day of your field trip is a smooth one.
School, Home School and Day Care Groups
All ticket prices include a 10 minute talkback after the show that meets important TEKS standards and compliments our study guide for each show. Our affordable group rates are made possible through our Tickets to Literacy program. Please call 210.227.2751 for assistance with group sales. Ask about how your classroom can take a backstage tour!
You will receive one free adult admission for every 10 children’s tickets purchased.
- $6 per child – Per student rate
- $4.50 per child – Title 1 Per Student Rate (with documentation)
- $8.00 per extra guest – 1 free adult for every 10 student tickets, additional field trip guests (per person, with documentation)’
- $200 per classroom – Pre-show and post-show classroom visits by a teaching artist for extension activities.
- Once received, please review and sign your field trip invoice, then e-mail or fax it to the Theatre within 2 days of booking your field trip.
- A 25% deposit (or the full amount, if your school prefers to only cut one check) must be paid 60 days prior to your field trip. The balance may be paid on the day of the show (for quicker check-in, payment in advance is preferred). The Theatre does not accept purchase orders, all accounts must be paid in full at check-in.
- Please call the Theatre immediately if you have any changes to the performance date, number of children or adults, or special needs.
- To decrease your ticket numbers, you have up until 2 weeks before the show date. No refunds will be made after final confirmation of seats.
- To increase your ticket numbers, please call the Theatre ASAP, and we will do our best to accommodate your extra guests.
- Our staff will e-mail or call you the 2 weeks prior to the week of your show to confirm your numbers. Please respond no later than 2 weeks before your show date to ensure we have the correct number of seats reserved for your group.
- You may drop however many tickets you need to by 2 weeks before the show date without paying for the tickets that you drop. On the day of the show, the Theatre will allow/refund up to 5 people fewer than the number you most recently confirmed. But if, for example, 6 people are absent on the day of the show, you must pay for that 1 extra ticket over the 5 allowed.
Please read the following 2 options carefully and communicate our policies to your parents before the day of the show.
For guaranteed parent seating:
If you want the parents to be guaranteed a seat with your group, you must include additional adult tickets for the parents in your group reservation at the time you reserve with us.
This option is the only way to guarantee parents a seat with your group, but the teachers must collect the $8.00 payments from the parents before the day of the show. The teacher must hand this money to the Box Office on the day of the show. We recommend giving parents a deadline (3 weeks before your show date) to turn in their money to the school so that, if needed, you can drop extra parent tickets by 2 weeks before the show date. If you select this option, your parents do not need to contact the Theatre (and do not need to use the parent promo code).
Parents reserve through the theatre:
If you prefer that parents reserve directly through the Theatre, they will not be guaranteed a seat with the group or with their child and will most likely be seated in our balcony so that we may give priority seating to students. We highly recommend that parents reserve their tickets as far in advance as possible because we may sell out at any time. Parent tickets can either be purchased over the phone or online, but in both cases, parents must use the PARENT PROMO CODE that you were provided on your invoice in order to receive the discounted price. We do not recommend that parents come to the theatre without previously making a reservation as we are often SOLD OUT, and we cannot guarantee they will get in. If your parents will be reserving through the Theatre, please consider using the parent note template (in English and Spanish) provided by our box office to ensure all parents are aware of our policies.
After unloading, buses and commercial vehicles are not permitted to stay parked alongside the curb of Alamo Street in front of the Theatre during the show. Free parking for buses is available nearby at the Alamodome, Lot A. For information regarding the Alamodome bus parking, call (210) 207-3680 or visit http://www.alamodome.com/plan-your-visit/disabled-services. The Alamodome allows school buses to park in its Disabled Parking Lot (Lot A), unless there is a large event going on that requires the parking lot. If the Alamodome lot is unavailable, alternate bus parking can be found on Camaron Street between Martin Street and Travis Street. It is on-the-street parking reserved for buses (the closest address is 450 Camaron Street). There is signage along the street that says “Reserved for Tour Buses”, but the City of San Antonio has confirmed that this area is available for school buses as well, and is free of charge. There are also 1 or 2 bus parking spots along Nueva Street, which is the street at the end of our building. If your bus/van driver is a chaperone who needs to attend the show with the students, please see the Box Office upon arrival for special arrangements.
Parents should plan to arrive early to find paid parking downtown and should bring around $10. The Theatre does not have a dedicated parking lot. A daytime parking map for parents can be found in our Parking and Directions page.
Doors will open 30 minutes prior to showtime for weekday performances. Please plan to arrive as close as possible to the time the doors open. One teacher must check in and pay the balance at the box office, while the rest of the group lines up at the “GROUP” entrance door. Parents should plan to arrive at the same time as (or before) the school to facilitate the seating process.
If you plan to eat lunch after the show, you may leave your lunches in our 2nd lobby against the wall during the show. The Yanaguana Garden playground and park is located right next to the Theatre and is a great place to enjoy a picnic lunch before or after the show.
As we get closer to your show date, you can find study guides for each show and grade level at the bottom of this page.
Thank you for your reservation, and enjoy your visit to The Magik Theatre!