Updated September 1, 2021
As a non-profit in service of San Antonio’s youth and families, the health and safety of our patrons is Magik’s highest priority. Magik has been monitoring the situation regarding COVID-19 closely and is taking steps to prevent the introduction and spread of this virus into our community.
How Magik is keeping you safe
- All Magik staff are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and will wear masks at all times during your visit
- Magik’s HVAC system has been updated with a UV purification system to reduce all airborne pathogens
- Portable air scrubbers are in place in the lobbies where patrons naturally congregate (such as near concessions)
- Masks will be required of all patrons over the age of 24 months, regardless of vaccination status. Masks may only be removed while eating or drinking concessions, if available.
- High touch points and other surfaces will be sanitized frequently throughout your visit
- Temperatures will be taken upon entry
- The theatre is limited to 30% capacity to ensure physical distancing between each party. Every other row will be left clear and there will be at least two empty seats between each party.
How to Prevent the Spread of Respiratory Viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay at home if you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Based on the recommendation of the CDC, local government officials have advised organizations to limit all ongoing activities up to 50% of capacity, however, Magik will be keeping audiences limited to 30% of the total capacity of the theatre (200 guests) with socially distant seating. Capacity will vary based on group sizes.
What to expect when you arrive at the theatre:
Temperatures will be checked for every guest before entering the building. If any member of a party has a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, the entire party will not be able to attend the show. Guests who are unable to attend a show due to temperatures will be able to refund or reschedule their tickets.
We ask that all guests within a party arrive at the same time to maintain social distancing between groups.
Tickets must be purchased and arranged in advance, no tickets will be sold at the door.
Ticketholders and guests will be required to wear a face mask while in the building (with the exception of those under the age of 2). If a patron does not have a mask, Magik Theatre will provide one free of charge.
- All guests will be asked to disinfect their hands with sanitizer that will be provided at the door.
What to Expect Inside the Lobby:
Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the lobby areas including the restrooms, and merchandise areas.
The Merchandise area will be open before and after the performance with attendants available to assist in retrieving items (patrons will not be allowed to touch anything until they have been purchased)
All lobby furniture has been removed to avoid gatherings and potential surface contamination
- Merchandise items will accept cash, card and contactless payments.
What to Expect After the Performance:
Immediately following the performance, all patrons will be asked to remain in their seats and will be dismissed one row at a time.
Hand sanitizing stations will be available at exits.
Merchandise will be open following the performance with the same operating procedures as stated above to allow for social distancing.
We will continue to monitor the situation and update our website and social media accounts accordingly. We are following the guidelines provided by The City of San Antonio, the Texas Health and Human Services Department, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.