The Magik Theatre COVID-19 Protocols
Effective May 25, 2020
As a non-profit in service of San Antonio’s youth and families, the health and safety of our patrons is Magik’s highest priority. Magik has been monitoring the situation regarding COVID-19 closely and are taking steps to prevent the introduction and spread of this virus into our community.
How to Prevent the Spread of Respiratory Viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay at home if you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Based on the recommendation of the CDC, local government officials have advised organizations to limit all ongoing activities upto 50% of capacity, however, Magik will be keeping audiences limited to 25% of the total capacity of the theatre (144 guests) with socially distant seating.
What to Expect When Arriving to the Theatre:
- Temperatures will be checked for every guest before entering the building. If any member of a party has a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, the entire party will not be able to attend the show. Guests who are unable to attend a show due to temperatures will be able to refund or reschedule their tickets.
- We ask that all guests within a party arrive at the same time to maintain social distancing between groups.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, no tickets will be sold at the door.
- Guests will be required to wear a face mask while in the building (with the exception of those under the age of 2). If a patron does not have a mask, The Magik Theatre will provide one free of charge.
- All guests will be asked to wipe their hands with hand sanitizer that will be provided at the door.
What to Expect Inside the Lobby:
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the lobby areas including the restrooms, concession area and merchandise areas.
- Bathrooms will be attended to limit the number of guests that are inside at the same time. Please be mindful that this may create longer wait times and plan accordingly.
- Merchandise area will be open with very limited access to touch items.
- We have removed seating options and have cleared additional furniture to avoid expanded touching areas.
- The concession stand will be open and offer sealed and individually wrapped items including beverages. All items should be consumed once seated inside the seating area.
- Condiments will be made available upon request including napkins, straws and extra cups.
- Merchandise and Concession items will accept card and contactless payments only, no cash will be accepted.
What to Expect After the Performance:
- Immediately following the performance, all patrons will be asked to remain in their seats and will be dismissed one row at a time.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at exits.
- Merchandise will be open following the performance with the same operating procedures as stated above to allow for social distancing.
Magik Theatre Staffing Protocols:
- Employees will be trained on disinfection and hygiene practices and all staff will be wearing protective items including but not limited to: face masks, gloves and other facial coverings as needed.
- Prescreen the health of all staff prior to entering and will send anyone home who is sick.
- Clean and disinfect common areas and surfaces regularly
- Staff members will stay six-feet away from patrons whenever possible
- Shields will be placed in the box office, check-in station, merchandise, and concession areas.
- The theatre will be cleaned by a third-party professional cleaning company after every performance.
We will continue to monitor the situation and update our website and social media accounts accordingly. We are following the guidelines provided by The City of San Antonio, the Texas Health and Human Services Department, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.