OPEN AUDITION FOR THREE YOUTH ROLES IN A WRINKLE IN TIME
The Magik Theatre and Artistic Director Frances Limoncelli announce an open call for child and teen actors under 18 years of age for 3 roles in their production of A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeline L’Engle, adapted by James Sie, directed by Frances Limoncelli.
Audition date, time, and location:
- Saturday, January 27TH, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (appointments required, see below)
- The Magik Theatre, 420 S. Alamo Street, San Antonio, TX 78205
- After the audition, some actors may be asked to attend a call-back the afternoon/evening of Wednesday, January 31st.
- Please make an audition appointment by emailing email@example.com.
- State which role you are auditioning for based on the character descriptions below.
- You will be given a half hour group audition slot between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and noon.
- Sides for your character and the script will be emailed to you ahead of time. There is no need to memorize the material, but it is expected that you will have read it many times and know it well enough to look up from the page from time to time.
Meg Murry – The character is 14, but we are looking for a youth or adult actor in the 14-24 age range who looks young for her age. Meg is extremely smart but doesn’t think of herself that way. She is emotionally expressive and wears her heart on her sleeve. She doesn’t fit in at school, and the gossip about her father’s disappearance is a great source of shame and anger for her.
Charles Wallace Murry – Meg’s baby brother. The character is age 5, but we are looking for a child actor in the 8-13 year old age range who is small statured and looks young for his age. Charles has a very high IQ and sometimes speaks like an adult, although he is really very young and innocent.
Calvin O’Keefe – The character is 14, but we are looking for a youth or adult actor in the 14-24 age range who looks young for his age. Calvin fits in well at school where he plays basketball and is popular. He has skipped grades and is a junior in high school. His family life is less successful; he is from a family with a lot of children but not a lot of money or time and he often gets ignored. He is sensitive and understanding and brave.
- Rehearsals: Rehearsals will take place weeknights and weekends from March 26ththrough May 18th, 2018. Actors are required to submit all conflicts at the time of their audition.
Friday, May 18, 2018 *9:45 – 11:45am and 6:30 – 8:30pm
Saturday, May 19, 2018 6:30 – 8:30pm
Sunday, May 20, 2018 2 – 4pm
Friday, May 25, 2018 *9:45 – 11:45am and 6:30 – 8:30pm
Saturday, May 26, 2018 6:30 – 8:30pm
Sunday, May 27, 2018 2 – 4pm
Friday, June 01, 2018 *9:45 – 11:45am and 6:30 – 8:30pm
Saturday, June 02, 2018 6:30 – 8:30pm
Sunday, June 03, 2018 2 – 4pm
*Please note: there are 2, possibly 3, Friday morning performances scheduled which would require missing half-days of school.
If you are unavailable during ANY of the above performance times, please let us know before you audition.
- All rehearsal and performance dates and times aresubject to change.
- Adult actors over 18 years of age will be paid $8/hour for rehearsals and $35/performance.
- Actors under the age of 18 will be paid a weekly stipend.
- Understudies arepaid a fee to learn the roles they cover and earn the regular per performance pay if they go on.
The Magik Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, ages, and abilities to audition.
Thank you and best of luck!