ADVERTISING AND MARKETING INTERNSHIP - MUST BE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY FOR SUMMER THROUGH THE FALL
The Advertising & Marketing Intern assists the Director of Marketing in managing the theatre’s brand in various ways including creative design, online production, public relations, social media management, event planning and management, general online and phone sales, and general customer service.
Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader; proficient in photo manipulation, and design principles for creating graphic illustrations, show playbills, advertisements and signage; must have excellent communication and time-management skills.
- Ongoing maintenance of magiktheatre.org, including content updates, compressing files for web usage, updating the media room, adding basic graphic designs to the home page slider and inside pages, and creating new page structures.
- Formatting press clippings for archival purposes and for magiktheatre.org.
- Using Adobe Photoshop to create artwork for Magik’s social media platforms such as cover photos and informational graphic designs.
- Designing show playbills using a combination of Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop, and managing the printing and inventory of playbills
- Occasional management of Constant Contact email database, as well as creating and sending emails.
- Creative design of printed marketing materials and informational flyers
- Updating online events calendars with season shows and events
- Assisting with marketing, logistical planning and day-of management of annual four-day Shakespeare in the Park event, including creating staff schedule, run-of-show, recruiting and managing volunteers, documenting media coverage, managing social media platforms during event, leading day-of site management and command center.
- Assisting with the design, launch, and analysis of online customer satisfaction surveys
- Assisting with phone reservations and box office duties when assistance is needed
- Ordering and manage inventory for theatre store (t-shirts, books, toys, etc.)
- Assisting with social media management and content development
Candidates must be available during summer and fall semesters. This is for an unpaid internship position (with small stipend provided), but based on performance evaluation could evolve into part-time Coordinator position.
Please email Aimee Stead, Director of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org with current resume and samples of design work attached.
APPRENTICESHIP (Grades 10 and Up)
Entry by Application Only
Love the world behind the curtain? Our Technical Theatre Apprentices will have access to training from our professional technical staff; technical director, master carpenter, scenic painter, sound and light designer, and stage manager as well as insight into the backstage aspects of a working theatre. This is an application only program and will require attendance multiple times a week. We are looking for young people who are seriously considering technical theatre as a profession and all applicants will undergo a strict interview process.